HOMEMADE BODY SCRUB AND BODY BUTTER DIY
As a big time lover of easy and affordable skin care, it’s always exciting to try out new skin care routines as I am still in search of a routine that would be just perfect for my skin type.
This Diy was inspired by the rough face that stared back at me on the mirror!
As most of you already know, Iam writing my final exams as an undergraduate and its been so hectic that i have been neglecting my body. well i had a few spare hours today and decided to do something quick but highly beneficial to my skin and voila i ended up doing two things.
An exfoliating body scrub and a moisturizing body butter
It’s very necessary to take care of your skin because the very first thing people notice about you is your skin.
The skin care gods say to have a great skin you have to do these four things
in this post i will be showing you how to exfoliate and moisturise with products you have at home.
let’s get down to it!
homemade body scrub and body butter
oats, sugar and honey exfoliating homemade body scrub.
benefits of this homemade body scrub
OATS: it’s scientifically proven to have skin soothing properties and hence is perfect for relieving dry skin and healing skin irritations
SUGAR: sugar is an excellent ingredient in skin care as it is gentle when applied to skin and not harsh and abrasive. brown sugar is way better for skin than white sugar. read more about the benefits of sugar for skin here
Honey: honey is a natural antioxidant that has ant-microbial properties and so helps in hydrating, fighting acne and protecting skin from sun damage. you see even our skin cannot resist the sweetness of honey.
OLIVE OIL: is high in antioxidants too and helps make one’s skin smooth and radiant.
what you need
- white or brown sugar
- essential oil ( I used olive oil)
- coarsely grind the oats then mix oat and sugar together
- add honey and stir together
- add a drop of any oil of your choice
- package in an air tight jar or proceed to use it immediately
THE SHEA BUTTER BODY BUTTER
I have been lusting greatly for a body butter and it felt so good to actually do my own instead of spending thousands buying from an online store ( team smart saver)
what you need
- shea butter which is popularly known as Ori in Nigeria
- essential oils: i used olive oil, coconut oil and the vitamin E oil from this post
- a mixing bowl
- a mixer or spatula
- fill a pot or pan with water and bring it to boil
- put your shea butter in a safe plate and place in the pot of boiling water for roughly 1 minute just to soften it. if you leave it for too long, it will melt into oil completely
- transfer the now soft shea butter into your mixing bowl and stir vigorously with a mixer or spatula
- after stirring for a while, begin to add your oils bit by bit into the bowl and stir until you achieve your desired consistency
- scoop your body butter into a jar and that is it.
I used an old face cream jar to store my body butter and as you can see i only did a little as this was my very first time making a body butter and i wanted to try it out with a little product and amazingly it came out really good.
I will definitely be trying my hands on more home-made body scrub and body butter and of course I will be sharing it with you my lovely blog fam.
it took me roughly 10-20 minutes to make the both of them and the only money i spent was on the shea butter which i bought for 200 Naira from a woman at a local market.
i had every other ingredient at home and i was extremely glad i put them to good use.
my friend who came visiting said I smelled like honey and a million bucks and that just gave me joy.
PS. I silently wished the one million bucks part was real!
have you ever done a DIY and how did it turn out? I would love to hear suggestions for any other DIY you would love me to do.