VALENTINE DAY IDEAS FOR 2018
Still stuck on Valentine day ideas up till this moment? Don’t worry I have got you covered with the most romantic Valentine day gifts and dates ideas and the amazing part is they are easy-peasy and budget friendly!.
Valentine is a beautiful day to celebrate your love for your partner without holding back or feeling shy because you’re not the only one celebrating, half the world is.
Valentine’s Day 2018 unfortunately falls on a Wednesday and not only is this pretty inconvenient because it’s a work day. This year’s Valentine’s Day happens to be Ash Wednesday( A holy day for Roman Catholics all over the globe). It is also a busy day for football fans as several football matches are scheduled for the 14th. If you are Nigerian and a twitter user, you must have seen all the memes flying around about how Valentine’s Day 2018 will be a “no show”.
So I have deliberately structured the Valentine’s dates ideas on this post to be things you and your partner can do after work, church or football.
Valentine Day Date Ideas
Figuring out what to do on Valentine’s Day is confusing to a lot people. You can either decide to have fun outdoors or indoors. Just because I love to go the extra mile for my readers, I am giving you Valentine day date ideas for both indoors and outdoors.
Indoors Date Ideas
1. Dinner With A Twist: Before you say this is an over flogged Valentine date idea, remember food is necessary for strength and survival for what may come after dinner winks. You can either prepare the meal yourself or order. If it’s homemade, have fun in the kitchen by cooking together while a cool jam plays in the background. Go all out and decorate with scented candles and flowers to create the right ambience. Candles can be found in most large stores like Spar(Lagos, Ph) Shoprite(lagos, abuja, Warri) Justrite(lagos), Everyday (Ph), Ebeano( Lagos) or you can simply order online.
So, here’s the plug. Remember I mentioned that this is a dinner with a twist. The twist is you cannot feed yourself. You have to feed each other from start to finish.
2. It’s Either The Truth Or A Dare: Yes you read that right. Play a game of truth or dare. It promises to be fun and you might learn new things about your partner. To make thing easier, you can find several truth or dare question ideas here and here
3. Draft up a short Valentine Inspired couples bucket list: A bucket list is simply a list of things you want to do, you can spend your Valentine’s day drafting up a couple bucket list with your partner and discussing how to go about it. You both will have a lot of fun doing this and it’s a good way to learn more about your partner and also bond better.
4. Write and read out love poems/ messages to each other:
I learnt this tip from popular Nigerian Youtube series This Is It. During their anniversary, they wrote love notes to each other and it was so beautiful. This is a great opportunity to appreciate your partner in your own hand crafted words and if you suck at writing then read this post on writing love paragraphs.
5. Indoor movie night: Nothing says love is in the air like an interesting romantic movie. An indoor movie night will save your money, give you the freedom to snack or eat whatever you like during the movie, so you can decide to be munching on your Egusi soup with pounded yam and all hell will not break loose.
The most amazing part is you get to cozy up all you want without getting the usual stares from other viewers at the cinema. Simply and yet amazing. Here are some super romantic movies you can watch
- Isoken: You can find this movie at every film house cinema and the dvd goes for just N500
- The Contract
- Potato potahtoh
- Picture perfect
- Ovy’s voice ( all available on Iroko Tv and with just a subscription of N100 you can download them)
However, if you prefer Foreign movies, Here’s a list of timeless classics.
Outdoors Date Ideas
1. Visit the cinema: There are several Romantic movies showing at the cinema currently. I recommend The Royal Hibiscus Hotel, June or Fifty shades Freed. I have seen two of these movies and they are pretty interesting and built around the theme of love.
2. Picnic at the park: A day out at the park will do you a truck load of good. You get to enjoy the serene environment, Breathe good air and most of all, enjoy the beauty of nature with that special someone. Yes, there are beautiful parks in Nigeria such as The JTT park( Lagos) Ndubuisi Park (Lagos) and the Love Garden(PH).
3. Do Something Adventurous: Cuddling up in bed is beautiful, so also is taking a hike, going rock climbing, skating or diving together. If you both Love adventures, then spend your valentine’s day doing something adventurous. Go canopy Walking at The Lekki conservation centre or Take a boat ride at the Lekki leisure lake. The beauty in this is you get to see the both of you out of your Elements. You might scream, be scared but at the end you will be glad you did it.
VALENTINE DAY GIFT IDEAS
This is the part I love the most about Valentine. You get to give and especially receive Gifts. Don’t blame me, My name is Gift after all.
I have put together easy and affordable Giftd for His and hers and they are all under N10,000.
Valentine Day gift Ideas for Her.
1. Cosmetics/ Makeup: Women are Vain, we already know and that’s one major reason why your Date will appreciate Gifts that will help enhance her beauty. However, you have to be careful when buying cosmetics so you don’t buy something off her shade. we advice you stick with general makeup items like Eye shadows and lipsticks and avoid buying foundations and powders. You can order Online from makeup brands that ship to Nigeria or you can shop Nigerian owned cosmetics line like Zaron, Tara, Taocs, Hegai & Esther etc.
If you want to go extra, you can take her out to a cosmetics store to pick what she wants but do not blame me if your credit card reads 000000. lol, kidding.
There are several great cosmetics stores in Nigeria and you can find most of they at malls like ICM( Lagos), Novare Mall( Lagos), Port_harcourt mall, Ceddi plaza( Abuja) or The Palms, Lekki, Lagos.
2. Skincare Products:
Every girl’s dream is to have a beautiful glowing skin and you can help her achieve this by gifting her skincare products like this Charcoal mask and several others. Organic skincare products are on the rise and here are some of our top picks.
3. Clothing and Accessories: Ever heard the saying that diamonds are every girl’s best friend? well so are clothes, Lingerie, bags and shoes.
I would have said take her shopping but the tendency of you spending over N10k is high.So i suggest you order something Fancy online. Like this Shop Maju dress.
4. Nothings Says I Love You Like a Bank Credit Alert: Too busy to get her something, then just send the money offer. Actually most girls prefer the money as they can use it to buy something they have been deeply yearning for. So make that transfer now!.
Valentine Day Gift Ideas For Him
Girls, giving boxers and handkerchiefs to your partner is so 1990. Why not take out time to gift him something beautiful and thoughtful.
1. Hand Created With Love: Make him a gift yourself, It doesn’t take a lot to please a Man. A hand crafted gift will come across as thoughtful. I am currently crushing on this gift Diy by Salmah.
2. Box of Goodies: A box filled with goodies such as brooches, socks, cuff links, ties like this one by David Baller is a great valentine day gift choice for him.
3. Be Timeless, Get Him a Time Piece (pun intended):
A classy wrist watch is always a welcomed Gift for Him anytime, any day. The other day, fellow blogger Kene let us in that there are swatch watches within the price range of N10k and that’s why it made it to this list. You can find their stores at most malls around your city.
Getting gifts for each other is awesome, but have you thought about getting gifts you both can use together?. This can be an amazing way to kill two birds with one stone by getting something for your partner and yourself. I highly reconmend Scented and bath oils. So you both can smell alike like true love birds.
valentine lasts for just one day, never forget to appreciate your partner all year round.
If you do not have a Valentine date, don’t worry. simply take the time out to love and pamper yourself. After all self love is the greatest love of all.
what will you be doing this valentine and what gift are you getting for your partner or yourself?