New Month, New look, New goals.
MAKING LIFE CHANGING DECISIONS
It’s the second day in the month of September and I am super excited because this month is very important to me because my besties and lots of loved ones have their birthdays this month, so it will be more like a birthday galore and Also because this month is the start of the last quarter of this year. So it makes me reflect on all I have done these past 8 months, look at what I have achieve so far; my goals and aspirations for this year.
This year has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride.
Some months I had it good and some not so good.
So you see why September is so important to me? Because it’s a gentle reminder that I have to work harder If I am to achieve my goals for this year.
Happy New month once again, always make the best out of each day you see.
This post isn’t just in celebration of a new month, it is also about finding a NEW ME.
most of us have experienced or are experiencing my current situation at one point or the other. I have been stuck on what exactly to do, i have spent the past 2 weeks pondering over it, trying to figure it out and i finally did.
I have been thinking a lot about my life, my dreams, my future and more.
you know that time in your life when you just feel you are too old to still lack some basic things because of finances and you want to get means of financial freedom?that’s the point i found myself these past few weeks and so i took a break from everything to try and figure my next big step.
I finally decided to invest in things i am passionate about and see where they lead me to. Although, i am still a bit reserved about putting myself out there to the world but who cares? afterall, the world won’t fit my bills or make me happy.
so from now on you all should expect to see more of a NO-HOLDS-BARRED me. (more reason why you should stay updated by following on social media on instagram @gyifted, twitter @gyifted and facebook @Gift Collins )
HERE ARE FIVE(5) TIPS TO HELP YOU OUT WHEN YOU GET STUCK ON MAKING LIFE CHANGING DECISIONS.
- THINK, THINK AND THINK SOME MORE: You need to do a re-cap of what led you to this point of making this decision, ponder over it very well and then think about the steps you intend to take and what it will take to achieve them.
- DOCUMENT IT: this tip helped me a lot, i had this old journal that i had abandoned for a long time lying somewhere among my pile of books, after deliberating on what actions to take, i felt this urge to put them into writing so as not to forget them or lose those spur-of-the-moment terrific ideas. Documenting also helps to serve as a reminder in case you forget or lose focus. i went all in on this step and used stick-on notes to highlight some of my decisions and placed them in areas i would always see them. I placed mine on my wardrobe door, you can place yours anywhere you know would prompt you to always see it like your bedside drawer, dresser, standing mirror e.t.c.
- MAKE A PACT NOT TO FALL BY THE WAYSIDE: This happens almost everytime. Ever wondered why we make new year goals and hardly fulfill them? It is simply becuse once the drive for change decreases, we find ourselves forgetting why we started and practically giving up until sometime later in the future, when it dawns that we still havent achieved anything. So no matter what, dont ever give in to failure, continually to try.
doing something at a snail pace is better than doing nothing at all- Gift Collins
- REMEMBER IT IS A GRADUAL PROCESS: Even a magician follows due processes to make the magic happen, so why not you?. one step at a time because if you try to over rush it, you will be overwhelmed and might see reasons to embark on a break that might lead to the end.
- SHIT HAPPENS, SIMPLY STEP OVER IT: It will not always be simple and rosy, turbulence will definitely arise and dont be afraid or dejected when it does, simply step over it, yes step over it, step on top of it if you like too but the main thing here is you showed it who THE BOSS is. Also, hold fast to your believe, pray and work hard until you dont have to say your name before people know who you are.
WE ARE DESTINED FOR THE TOP,
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE IT!
I would love to hear if you have experienced this and what steps you took to overcome it,